Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Christmas List


'Tis the season for my children to start working on their Christmas wish lists. Usually it is full of the latest toys and electronics. Nerf guns and Nintendo games, dolls and dress up clothes. When I was a child I made a list every year, and always asked for a pony (I never got it, but I asked anyways!).


This year I have a list of my own.






Lord,

  • grant me the ability to "do good and not evil all the days of my life" (Prov. 31:12)
  • let me "willingly work with my hands" and "bring my food from afar" (Prov. 31:13-14)
  • give me the ability to "rise while it is yet night, and provide food for my household" (Prov. 31:15)
  • let me be wise in my purchases, "she considers a field and buys it", and use them for Your glory and for the good of my family, "from her profits she plants a vineyard" (Prov. 31:16)
  • let me "gird myself with strength and strengthen my arms" (Prov. 31:17) for I am but weak and frail human, my strength is only in You
  • let my "lamp not go out by night" (Prov. 31:18), let me continue my work at home until it is complete
  • "extend my hand to the poor" (Prov 31:20), remind me that there are those in need and give me the ability to give what I can and do what I can
  • let me "not be afraid of snow" (Prov. 31:21), let me be wise in my preparations for winter, whether it be seasonal, spiritual, or financial
  • let my "clothing be of fine linen and purple" (Prov. 31:22), let me take pride in my appearance, my hygiene and care for myself as I am Your temple and my husband's
  • give me "strength and honor as my clothing" (Prov. 31:25)
  • let me "open my mouth with wisdom" and let the "law of kindness be on my tongue" (Prov. 31:26)
  • let me "watch the ways of my household" and not "eat the bread of idleness" (Prov. 31:27)

No comments:

Post a Comment