Wednesday, February 13, 2013
I will be working hard over the next few weeks, months, years, decades....okay lifetime, to re-prioritize and re-focus my life. And I will start by focusing upward...to my Heavenly Father.
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Sometimes we want to be something so desperately, in my case a "homemaker extraordinaire", that we fail to see and utilize the talents God has gifted us with. I have come to the realization that I may not be the best seamstress, housekeeper, organizer, chef, gardener, crafter, etc. (okay, some of these things I may not be at all!), but my calling may be to minister and spread God's word in the workplace right now.
I pray that I will find renewed focus on the things I can do well at home, raising my children, cooking, cleaning, some organizing, as well as things I need to do to strengthen my spiritual walk, quiet time, prayer, and devotions with my family. I also pray that I will continue to allow my husband to lead our family, even though we are currently in unconventional roles in this season of life.
Monday, March 19, 2012
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
I lack discipline in many areas of my life. I blame it on the different seasons we all go through...it's summer-the kids are out of school, I am traveling more for work, it's the holidays...and so on and so on. The truth is, that it is so important to model discipline in life to our children so that during these seasons of change, they see that some things are constant.
I have determined that a new approach is needed...a "less is more". Cutting back on the "things" in life-clothes, cable, cell phones, etc.-and doing without for a time. Then slowly adding back in what is truly necessary and appropriate to our lives. I believe that a good way to successfully increase the discipline in my life is to reduce the amount of "stuff" I have to manage. Once I can manage a small amount, then I can slowly increase if necessary.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Monday, May 9, 2011
I have been reminded, lately, to remember to find joy in the little moments of life...
- Riding in the car with the windows down on a beautiful afternoon with my family listening to country music turned up loud.
- Being able to work from home when I have a sick child.
- Watching the kids play in the backyard while I wash dishes in the kitchen.
- Singing to my girls every night when they go to bed...and always getting an "encore" request! (Even when I am on the road, I call and sing!)
- Laying in bed listening to sound of my husband's breathing (okay...sometimes snoring, but we will go with breathing here!)
- Frozen custard with good friends on a Sunday afternoon.
- Waking up every day to the family and life God gave me.
It is so easy to get caught up in the daily "living" of life...grocery store trips, school, work, soccer practice, cooking, laundry, etc. But in those moments, I find my joy! My goal is to find something every day to be joyful about...some little moment that takes my breath away.