Thursday, April 19, 2012

New Beginnings

So, I have been off this week, of work, that is. There have been some major changes in our lives recently. I have left the company I have worked at for 10 years to pursue a new career opportunity and I start my new job on Monday. I always thought I would leave to stay at home, but that is not the plan God seems to have for us right now. God has provided an amazing opportunity for me to work at a new company while Rick completes his education and is able to focus on school full time.

Sometimes we want to be something so desperately, in my case a "homemaker extraordinaire", that we fail to see and utilize the talents God has gifted us with. I have come to the realization that I may not be the best seamstress, housekeeper, organizer, chef, gardener, crafter, etc. (okay, some of these things I may not be at all!), but my calling may be to minister and spread God's word in the workplace right now.

I pray that I will find renewed focus on the things I can do well at home, raising my children, cooking, cleaning, some organizing, as well as things I need to do to strengthen my spiritual walk, quiet time, prayer, and devotions with my family. I also pray that I will continue to allow my husband to lead our family, even though we are currently in unconventional roles in this season of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment