Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New Road

6/30/09

So today I think I will turn my "blogging" down a new road. I will continue to include information about my journey to wellness, both physical and spiritual, but I feel that since that is just one part of my very full life, I should expand my content.

Today was rough. I am always challenged when I am working at my building in Burlington. Does everyone have that? A project, task, or duty at work that just sucks the life out of you? But I am coming off a great weekend. We went home to Virginia Beach and spent the weekend just hanging around with my BFF Liz and her kids. The kids were super, we had no schedule, and we had an awesome time. It was one of those weekends that you wish would never end.

I did not look forward to coming home or going back to work. I knew it would be a tough, although short, week. I am so glad we have a holiday weekend coming up. So ready for that! I am hoping to find something fun for the kids to do this weekend and definitely would love to see some fireworks (besides the ones that occur daily at bedtime!).

I am home alone tonight with the kids, Rick is working (yay!). I am so jealous of him sometimes, being home with the kids 3 days a week. I know it is hard for him because he wants full time work, but I miss the kids so much when I am gone. I feel like I miss so much.

Emma is turning into quite the little lady....she has a cell phone (fake, of course) and purse. She talks for hours every day to Liz and Renee and Danielle and Austin on her cell phone, it is too cute.

Logan lost another tooth this week and another is really wiggly...he is growing up way too fast.

Mackenzie is as cute as ever and has more words...she has a lot to say (although most of it sounds like Chinese).

Well...I will be enjoying my evening with my kids. Just one last thought....life is not about having what you want, but wanting what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment