Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Faith

It has been a long time since I have posted. I was not sure for a while what I should say, if anything. But tonight, God has led me here to this computer and this post.



It is quiet in my house. I am restless, but not for the reasons I usually can't sleep. Tonight I feel that God has something for me to say...so here I am.

I have been reading a lot of God's word lately...drinking it in, studying it, praying it. I have been drawn to Paul's letters, specifically Ephesians. There are 2 verses that I keep coming back to over and over. They hold such promise and reassurance....

The first is Ephesians 2:8-9..."For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast."
What a blessed promise He gives us in these verses. Paul makes it clear that there is NOTHING we can do to deserve God's love and an eternal home in heaven, but God gives it to us....it is his GIFT of grace through faith.

We (my family and I) have had a challenging year. The move to North Carolina has been both difficult and rewarding. God has truly blessed us in many ways and has definitely changed our hearts. It's amazing how He can take something that you think is a great idea...YOUR great idea...and turn it into such a blessing, but for none of the reasons you thought it would be. And then you realize, it was always HIS great idea.

Onto my next verse...which is quickly becoming my favorite of all time. "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us. Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen."...Ephesians 3:20-21.

Wow! EXCEEDINGLY ABUNDANTLY....that's big stuff! Above all that we ask OR THINK...can you imagine that God cannot only give us what we ask for in prayer, but even those things that we don't ask for. Maybe we are afraid to ask, or we think they are too small, or too big. But if we just THINK it, He can DO it...amazing. But there is more...a catch, if you will, "according to the power that worketh in us." There's that "faith" thing again...God is able, but we have to truly believe with all of our heart and all of our soul that He is able.

So does this mean that all we have to do is ask and believe that He can and He will? Well....there is a little thing called "sovreignty"...God is able, but is not always willing. Sometime what we ask for is not in His plan, and may even work against His plan. That's where the faith comes in, we have to believe that He can, but be prepared that He won't, and even when He doesn't, we still believe that He can!

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I felt led by God to share my thoughts and feelings on these verses with you.

Love & Prayers...

No comments:

Post a Comment