Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Back to Square One

10/27/09

Well...I started this blog because I wanted to have someone or something to hold me accountable to my goal of starting a healthier lifestyle. I have talked my way out of, around, over and under that purpose, but not really done a good job of sticking to it.

This weekend, my husband and I attended the funeral of a dear friend's mother. As I watched the slide show of pictures at the memorial service, it struck me how many of those pictures, especially the ones with her granddaughter who is the same age as my oldest, were taken in the hospital. Many of her medical problems were due to an unhealthy lifestyle and were, for the most part, preventable or at least controllable.

So here I go again, back to square one. I am trusting God to go exceedingly, abundantly beyond all I can ask or think and help me to GET HEALTHY! I cannot do it on my own. I know that. It will not be easy, but most things worth having or doing are not easy. There will be challenges, obstacles, and frustrations. The devil will take this as an open invitation to attack me and my goals. But God is able.

I believe that God wants us all to be good stewards of the blessings He gives us...money, family, health, etc. I have not been a good steward of my health and body, but it is not too late. It is never too late. God wants to be in ALL parts of my life, even this one!

I pray that God will bless my goal to get healthy, that He will keep me strong and help me make wise decisions about my health. I pray that my journey, whether a success or failure or somewhere in between, will help or inspire someone who may need it.

God bless...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment