Monday, January 18, 2010

Quick Thought

1/18/10

So, I have just about 8 minutes before my noodles are done. The kids (total 5 including 2 that do not permanently belong to us but are here for the afternoon!) are running wild outside with Rick so I have a few free minutes to share a thought that has been with me all day.

It has been a challenging week in our house. Rick and I are still struggling with our "role reversal" and this week seemed particularly rough in that respect. But as I was praying last night, thinking back to the horrific argument we (my husband and I) had on Saturday morning, I realized that now is not the time to give up. As we walk closer to God and increase our spiritual growth, the enemy also increases his attacks.

Not only is this a reminder that we should not give into these feelings of anger and frustration because they are not of God, but we should consider this a sign that we are doing the right thing. Clearly, we have given Satan something to sit up and notice, so much that he is doing everything he can to get us off track and back on his path, not God's. So perhaps we should not look at these challenges as something to "survive", but we should look forward to them, seek them out. Because the closer we walk to God's will, the more these attacks will increase, and the more wisdom and knowledge of God we will obtain.

James 1:2-3 says "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience."

So I look forward to my next round with the enemy, and the resulting patience that I know will surely follow!

Love & Prayers...

No comments:

Post a Comment