Monday, February 1, 2010

Sharing


2/1/2010


So I thought I would share a little more about my day-to-day personal life and the daily challenges I encounter. My husband, Rick, recently started working the evening shift at his job so he leaves right about dinner time and is gone until 2 a.m. 5 days a week. This new schedule has its challenges, but also has some benefits for me. I get some personal time with the kids every night that I was lacking before and I also get some personal time (although maybe a little too much) for me.


Lately, I have been tempted (and have given into the temptation) to spend this free time watching TV or playing on the computer. Definitely not the best use of my time. I desperately need to finish my Bible study on Titus 2:3-5 (http://www.mytitus2journey.blogspot.com/), or I could at least be reading my Bible or catching up on the e-mail devotionals that I am 2 weeks behind on! But, every now and then, I just enjoy some plain old relaxation. Time spent without having to think or process anything.


I have recently been challenged at work, feeling that I don't have an impact and am not doing my job very well. As a consultant, it's hard to measure success, since I am basically paid for my opinion and cannot force anyone to actually heed my advice (hmmm....kind of like having children!).


So today, the kids were out of school and I worked from home...REALLY stressful! Every 5 minutes, "Mom, can I do this" or "Mom, can I have that". Plus, I had a lot of intense work to get done today and was not entirely happy with the progress made. On top of that...school is cancelled again tomorrow, so it promises to be a repeat of today! I think I am going to get smart about it and take the afternoon off tomorrow!


Mackenzie has definitely gotten a jump on the "terrible twos"! She is just as rotten, and cute, as she can be. She has lots of words and likes to use them all.


Logan is becoming quite a young man and has definitely moved from little boy into big stinky boy stage! He loves to play outdoors with his airsoft gun and loves sports...especially bull-riding and motocross!


Emma is quite the diva in our house. At 4-years old she is convinced that she is the center of the universe and the sun and moon set just for her! She likes to talk on her Hannah Montana cell phone to her many many friends and play with her dolls. She is the only child I know with not just an imaginary friend, but an imaginary entourage!


So that is all I have to say tonight. Stay tuned for more play-by-play action in the Death household!

No comments:

Post a Comment