Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Peaceful Home


Lately, our lives have gotten more hectic due to the fact that both my husband and I now work full-time during the day. With 3 children in either daycare or school and 2 parents gone all day, mornings and evenings can be rather busy around our house!


While this situation is not ideal, it is the season we are in and God has a purpose in this; so my job, as wife, mother and homemaker, is to make this as smooth as possible for all parties involved.


Some things that I have found helpful:

-always make sure the sink is cleared and cleaned before I go to bed and the dishwasher started.


-set the coffee for delay brew in the morning...there is nothing better than waking up to the smell of fresh coffee brewing on a cold winter morning!


-make sure clothes are out and lunches and book bags packed each night before I go to bed.


-when I work from home, I make an effort to be off my computer and cooking dinner before my husband and children get home. I want them to know that they are the priority by coming home to a warm, aromatic kitchen instead of a cold, quiet house.


-I do not get on the home laptop to check e-mail, blog, or just browse until after the kids are in bed and I have spent some quality time with my husband.


-my husband and I always make and effort to go to bed together.


-I try to make the bed every day, even if it is not until I get home from work (my goal is to get it done in the morning, though). A nice, neat bed is definitely conducive to a good night's sleep.


I certainly have not mastered each of these on a daily basis, but it is what I strive for to maintain a peaceful and happy home in this hectic season of life.


Love & Prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment