Saturday, January 15, 2011

Time For Change

Wow...It has been a long time since I posted anything. I am not sure where this is going to go, so bear with me if I ramble a bit.


A lot has happened since November 2010, holidays, New Year, Rick started a new job, back to school, nursery school for Kenzie....and so on.


I am not big on New Year's resolutions, I think they can be overrated...and I tend to give up easily if a falter a bit, so I prefer to take change 1 day at a time. However, that said, I do have some things that I would like to change in my life, not just because it's a new year, but because NOW is the best time to make positive change-always!


I have joined an online devotion/bible study called "Chaos to Calm" at http://www.proverbs31sisters.com/. Learning to be the wife and mother that God calls me to be and to take my home from well...chaos to calm!


I have decided to change some of my more horrendous eating habits...so far, I have cut out soda. I would also like to see fast food go as well.


I have determined to make God the #1 priority in my life. I probably should have listed this first, as it is clearly the biggest and most important change, but...well, here it is. I want to spend time with my Heavenly Father every day. I want to seek His wisdom and counsel in EVERY decision I make. I want to give Him the respect and honor that He deserves in my life.


So here's to change and a fresh, new start. I am determined not to be derailed by Satan's seeds of doubt. I know that I will have days that I fail and days that I succeed. But I also know that God loves me on all those days, not just the good ones!


Happy New Year to all! I would love to hear about the changes you will have or desire to have in your lives this year!


"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."

-Ecclesiastes 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment