Saturday, July 11, 2009

Rough Waters

7/11/09

It has been a rough week. We are still struggling financially...Rick is losing work because of lack of rain rather than picking up new work. The hot water heater in our house burst on Tuesday night so we woke up Wednesday morning to a flood in our downstairs. Fortunately, none of our personal possessions were damaged and our landlord will be taking care of all of the repairs. It will be nice to have new floors, but in the meantime we are living in a construction zone which is challenging with 3 children. I feel like I took my eyes off of God for just a moment and doubt and fear crept in imperceptibly and suddenly I am sinking in the waves of a very rough sea.

But I know that my God will not fail me. It is easy to let the fear and doubt take control, but then that would be letting something other than God control my life, and that is not what I want. So we will no longer live with the regrets from the past, but we will learn from our mistakes and press onward to the goal, remembering that our treasure is not here on earth, but an eternal home in Heaven.

"But lay up for yourselves treasures in Heaven,where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt and where thieves do not break through or steal; for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." Matthew 6:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment