Sunday, December 13, 2009

Blown Away

December 13, 2009

We had a Christmas Party at our home last night. Once everyone left and the children were in bed, Rick and I laid in bed (completely exhausted!) and talked for over an hour about the wonderful blessings God has bestowed upon us this past year.

It was just shy of 1 year ago that we moved to Greensboro, NC. We didn't know many people, and although we had a church to attend, we did not have a church "home". I have never had a lot of close friends, in fact, in the past 7 years, I have had only 1 girlfriend that I would consider a close friend...and she is more like a sister. Rick and I have often talked about how nice it would be for us to have friends where we were as comfortable one-on-one as when we did things as couples.

So here is my point....finally, I was blown away last night when I realized how God has blessed us so very much in the past year. We have wonderful friends and neighbors to share our holiday with this year and we have a new church home where we feel as though we have always been there (or at least should have been!). Our family has grown closer to God and closer to one another. In a situation wrought with challenges (financial, health, and the emotional stress of moving), God has not only seen us through the storm, but blessed us beyond our wildest imagination.

I am again drawn to the verses in Ephesians (3:20-21) "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever Amen."

How often do we think we know what we need (or want), and we ask for what we need (or want). But God knows what we need, better than we know ourselves. Not only does He provide for our needs, but the truth is that even when He does not give us what we ask for, He blesses us. How often do we ask for something and we don't get that specific thing, but we get something better along with the realization that we did not need what we asked for to begin with! Again....BLOWN AWAY!

I am so thankful for my God who loves me and my husband and children and all of the many blessings in my life. But I am also grateful for those "unanswered prayers"...which weren't really unanswered at all!

God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment