Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Progress

December 2, 2009

So, recently I have taken on a more serious attitude about my health. My parents bought us a Wii Fit for an early Christmas present and it is AWESOME! I have worked out every day for the last 3 days....not a lot, but at least a little each day. I have also been tracking my diet on a great website, www.fitday.com. It is a completely free fitness tracking site. So my goal is to lose 2.5 lbs every 2 weeks. I started on 11/29/09 and will weigh in every 2 weeks...and will keep everyone posted on my progress, good or bad!

I have been reading in the Old Testament some this week. Isaiah 41:13 says "For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee." What an encouraging verse. This Christmas it means so much to me to know that God is with me, holding my hand and helping me. With Rick unemployed most of the year and now only working part time, the Christmas budget is a bit lean this year. But God is using this time to remind our family of the true meaning of Christmas. We have been focusing on His blessings and His gift of Baby Jesus this year, rather than toys and gifts and all of the commercial trappings of the holidays. He has given us this trial to teach us a lesson and in that lesson, the trial becomes insignificant!

I know that my God will provide for my family this Christmas and every day thereafter. He is right there, holding my hand and encouraging me that everything will work out to the glory of God!

Love & Prayers and Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment