Sunday, May 10, 2009

God is not a guest

5/10/09

"This then is the message which we have heard of him and declare unto you, that God is a light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not walk in the truth: but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us." 1 John 1:5-9

I was reading this last night and it made me think of something a dear friend told me recently....God does not want to be a guest in our lives, he wants to take up permanent residence. He doesn't just want to see the "company-ready" rooms, he wants to see the dark, dirty corners, the unfolded laundry, the hall closet jammed with too many toys, sports equipment, etc.

Sometimes, okay often, I don't let God into those areas of my life that aren't "company ready". I am definitely guilty of that with my health and weight. I would make excuses why I didn't need God to help with that part of my life. I told myself it was more important to be comfortable with who I was (weight and all) than to try to fit some mold society made for me. That is true to a point, but now it has become an excuse. God wants me to love myself for me...just the way I am, but accepting who I am has brought to light that I need to change my lifestyle to be in line with God's plan for me as well. I am mistreating His creation and that is definitely not in line with His plan.

So, I did well yesterday. Didn't get to take that walk (we had a severe thunderstorm, thought it best not to get struck by lightening), but I think I burned some pretty good calories cleaning the baseboards! I ate well, not perfect, but better.

Today is a new day and a new opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment