Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Restless

5/13/09

I wasn't going to blog tonight, but thought it might help my restlessness. Not much on the "diet" front (I hate to use that word, but it's all I could think of for the moment). I have been spiritually restless tonight though. I have a lot on my mind and can't seem to put it aside to get some rest. So here I am, reading my Bible and writing down my thoughts.

"Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing" James 1:3-4.

As I read this scripture, I think about the trials I have experienced, in the past and recently. I know that in every trial, there is a blessing that God has for us. I used to think that we often wouldn't see the blessing until we made it through the trial and came out on the other side. But I think the part about "let patience have her perfect work" is about recognizing the blessing while you are in the midst of the trial. I want to be an example of God's work and his blessings in that even though I experience challenges, I not only survive them, but thrive througout them.

So now I am going to bed to get some rest and take on tomorrow's challenges with a bright outlook. Love & Prayers....

No comments:

Post a Comment