Monday, March 1, 2010

Grateful


Thinking back on today's events (not that it was a particularly eventful day), it was a good day. Nothing spectacular or even remarkable happened, but it was just a good, happy, productive day. I am sitting at the computer now that Rick has gone to work and the kids are in bed (more or less...Emma is sleeping on the couch!) thinking how blessed I am for so very many reasons. And how often I overlook or even take those blessings for granted.

I am working on becoming more of a "half-full" rather than "half-empty" kind of girl. I have long suffered with selfishness, which is not conducive to a happy household, especially with our current schedule and workload. But things, they are a-changin'....mostly me, I am changing. I am committed to enjoying my children, not just finding something to entertain them while I do what I want.

Tonight was a challenge...Rick had to go into work early. This would not typically be an issue, but 1 day a month, I need to work until 5:30 or 6:00 pm. Usually I am home by 5:00 so Rick can leave by 5:30, and then I often work more after the kids go to bed. But today, I needed to be working and available until at least 5:30. So it caused a bit of a problem when Rick found out he needed to leave for work at 4:30. But, I am satisfied to say, we all worked together and met the challenge. Kids were fed, bathed, entertained. Work got done with minimal stress and frustration. I even made time for stories and snuggling! All in all, a situation that typically would have resulted in yelling and frustration, ended up as a pleasant, productive evening with my sweet children.

I love this life that God has blessed me with. I love the joy and pain, the happy and sad, the challenges and rewards.

Love and prayers....

No comments:

Post a Comment