Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Best Is Yet To Come

My mother recently told me a story of a woman who was dying. She knew she was dying, so she called her Pastor and said, "Pastor, I have but one request for my funeral...I want to be buried with a dinner fork in my hand." Well, the Pastor, thinking this was a strange request asked the woman,"Why a fork?". She replied, "When I went to dinner parties and the hostess said 'Hold on to your fork' as she was clearing the dishes from the course, I knew that the best part was still to come. I know that is what I have to look forward to now as well-the best is yet to come!"


What a beautiful reminder of our Father's promise to us!

"We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you, since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and your love for all the saints; because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the of the truth of the gospel." -Colossions 1:5

"But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal." -Matthew 6:20



God has promised us a home in heaven to spend eternity rejoicing with Him! I can't wait to see what He has in store for us. Hold on to your forks!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment