Saturday, February 5, 2011

Early Riser

So, again, I am convicted...this time of oversleeping. Not that I slept particularly late this morning. But, being that it was Saturday, I hoped my husband would get up with the children and let me stay in bed for a while. I ended up getting up by 7:40 am, but that was after the rest of my household was up and rowdy!


"She also rises while it is yet night,

and provides food for her household,

and a portion for her maidservants."

-Proverbs 31:15





I totally blew that this morning. Note that it doesn't say "she also rises while it is yet night Monday through Friday." Hmmmmm....really, Lord, even on the weekend???



So I have two choices, I can choose to get up early and do my devotion, spend time in prayer, and prepare breakfast for may family with a positive and joyful attitude, thankful for my blessings; or I can choose to get up early and have a negative attitude and grump around and be snippy with those who love me. Either way, I am getting up early, so I might as well make it a positive experience!


So last week I started getting up at 5:45 am (the goal is really 5:30 am), and that went well...but now I need to carry that over to the weekends. I need to stop considering sleeping in a privilege, and view getting up early the joy that it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment