Saturday, February 12, 2011

Love One Another


"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God." 1 John 4:7

"Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2

"We then who are strong ought to bear with the scruples of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, leading to edification." Romans 15:1-2


We spent this morning helping a dear friend whose husband has been working out of town for many weeks. The men cleaned up the yard, and the women watched the children, did laundry, and cooked a meal.

I brought my oldest 2 children with us to teach them how helping a friend in need and sister in Christ can be a rewarding and fulfilling experience even when involves tiring, physical labor. I have gained such a new and wonderful outlook from this experience. The intention was to teach my children, but I feel like I was the one who learned the biggest lesson. It was such a blessing to help a friend and it has taught me that needing help does not indicate weakness.

Helping one another is the truest form of expression of God's love. Serving one another and helping one another is a continuation of Christ's own ministry! I am blessed to have had this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment