Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Not Now...Mommy's Busy


I am so convicted today regarding the way I treat my children, the way I speak to them, and the example I have been setting for them. It has been so busy at our house since Rick went back to work full time. Add to that I have been travelling every week for the past 4 weeks and will continue to be out of town every week through the end of February.


But really, these are excuses...Psalm 127:3-4 says "Lo, children are a heritage of the Lord; and the fruit of the womb is His reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man, so are children of the youth."


A heritage refers to something that is of value and is passed down from one generation to the next. Children are our valuable gift from our Heavenly Father, our inheritance. They are also a reward, not a burden, not an extra responsibility, but something to be cherished as a precious gift!


How often do I tell my children "just let Mommy do this, it's easier if you don't help"? (okay, maybe not those exact words, but you get the idea). How often do I send them out of my sight/way to play while I try to do housework, or work, or blog (ahem)?


I need to work so much harder in this area, to enjoy and cherish my children. To involve my children, to engage with them, participate with them. I need to stop viewing them as more work, a start viewing them as the joy and pleasure and reward they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment